The Water Supply team is responsible for producing and distributing drinking water to metropolitan Adelaide. They control the flow and quality of water and ensure Adelaide's 125 water tanks and 65 water pump stations operate smoothly.
Water Supply manages six treatment plants that treat 380 megalitres a day (over 150 Olympic swimming pools).
Water Treatment Plants:
- Barossa 160 ML/d (commissioned 1982)
- Little Para 160 ML/d (commissioned 1984)
- Anstey Hill 313 ML/d (commissioned 1980)
- Hope Valley 273 ML/d (commissioned 1977)
- Happy Valley 850 ML/d (commissioned 1989)
- Myponga 50 ML/d (commissioned 1995)
(Rates are designed capacity.)