What We Do.
Together with SA Water, Allwater is committed to supplying excellent and affordable water services to Adelaide metropolitan customers.
Allwater works closely with SA Water to:
- provide Adelaide's 1.1 million residents safe drinking water
- treat 80,000 gigalitres of wastewater
- produce 20,000 megalitres of recycled water - enough to fill 8,000 Olympic-sized pools
- maintain 9,000km of water mains from Gawler to Myponga
- maintain 7,200km wastewater network and around 350 pumping stations
- generate green electricity from biogas produced at the wastewater treatment plants to reduce our consumption of traditional energy
- supply 35,000 tonnes of bio solids to agriculture farmers each year to improve the soil condition of approximately 7,000 hectares
- deliver a small program of minor capital works.
1 kilolitre (kL) = 1 cubic metre = 1,000 litres
1 Megalitre (ML) = 1,000,000 litres enough water to cover 1 hectare (100m × 100m) to a depth of 10cm
1 Gigalitre (GL) = One thousand million litres of water (one billion) (approx. 400 Olympic-sized pools)